Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Brenda Bakes Cakes!

This will be a documentary of the different cakes and cupcakes I have made for various celebrations.  

I hope you enjoy!

These are the latest of my baking adventures - cupcakes made for the neighborhood July 4th celebration.  The blue iced cups are chocolate cakes, the white iced are red velvet cakes, and the red iced are white cakes. 


This first cake was for a coworker's daughters first birthday.  It was a simple butter cake with buttercream icing.  The characters were made from fondant. 

This was my niece's fourth birthday cake.  It was fondant covered with poured chocolate butterflies.  

This was one of the first tiered cakes I attempted.  It was a chocolate cake with cream cheese buttercream icing.  The icing looks very gooey because warm hands make cream cheese buttercream very soft. 

These cupcakes were made for a coworker's housewarming.  They were very fun to make!

This was a chocolate cake with buttercream icing for a coworker's husband's birthday. 

This cake was made for a coworker having a set of twins!  I went with the twin theme, creating the animals in pairs.  It was a chocolate cake with cream cheese buttercream icing.  The cake was filled with oreo cookie buttercream. 

Another baby shower cake!  I absolutely adored this cake!  The lamb came out perfect the first time I tried to mold him.  Her theme was Lions and Lambs.  It was a butter cake with a raspberry buttercream filling and a cream cheese buttercream icing.


These cuppies were for my nephew.  He has an October birthday and wanted a Halloween themed party. 

This was my little guys first birthday cake!  I had just started taking classes.  The car, train, and plane were color flow/royal icing to match the modes of transportation theme for his party.  It was a simple butter cake with a vanilla buttercream. 

Another baby shower cake for a coworker.  She wanted the chocolate cake with the oreo cookie buttercream filling. 

A graduation cake - Another chocolate cake with oreo cookie buttercream filling.


Another baby shower cake for a coworker - She requested butter cake with a cream cheese buttercream. 

Another baby shower cake - I love these shoes!!  We forgot to take pictures before cutting the cake.  Mom requested chocolate with the orea cookie filling and cream cheese buttercream. 

My little guys second birthday cupcakes - The first set were the ones I sent to his class.  The second set were the ones for his party.  I made butter, chocolate, and red velvet cuppies!

A simple birthday cake- A buttercake with a chocolate filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment